Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 169

Dearest little one! How are you today? This morning your daddy and I did our normal gravity class. I think I'm getting stronger because it didn't hurt super bad. Our instructor Bob is a nice old(don't tell him I said that....;) man, I say old, he's probably only 50, but he's super nice. I do have one thing against him. I think he enjoys seeing us in pain! lol I know you probably think I'm crazy, but it's true. I told your daddy and he thought I was out of my mind, so I told him to just watch him. Sure enough, he now agrees with me. You should see him, when we have really hard exercises, he looks at all of us in pain (he doesn't do the class with us) and smiles this little smile and laughs at us. I think he's probably like a serial killer, but your daddy told me I read WAY too many books. So I agreed with him, and decided I should go with my instincts, he's a super nice guy, which is true.
When I was sitting in church I thought of something I wanted to tell you: be thankful, no matter what! I was messaging one of my friends and we were talking about some of the hard things we'd been through. What that person was going through, to me seemed too difficult, so I replied, well, I don't know how I could handle that, but I guess God knew you could, because He promised us He would NEVER give us more than we can bear. My friend agreed and told me he was sorry for what I'd been through, and I thought, it's ok. This song came to mind, "Gods been Good" the lyrics are "....God's been good in my life, I've been blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep at night, and though I've had my share of hard times I wouldn't change them if I could, cuz through it all, God's been good." You see, Tucson, in life you will go through many difficulties, I'd be lying if I told you it was perfect, but be thankful. I used to tell people, be thankful, because someone always has it worse than you, which who knows it may be true, but I've learned something. When you're going through a struggle, whether in reality it's bigger or smaller than the next person's, to you it's the same-your problem is just as big and as hard as theirs is. So why be thankful? Because God told us to in 1 Thess. 5:19, "In EVERYTHING give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I've learned no matter what you're going through-good or bad-if you're thankful in changes your perspctive and it makes it easier to go through. It's amazing how being thankful can make something hard either not hard or not has hard. I know it doesn't make sense, but it works. Try it! If it doesn't I'll buy you a dozen white chocolate macadamia nut cookies*. lol I love you baby!!!!

Your Sister,
Larra

*this is the fine print for those cookies, you must actually, tell God you are thankful for whatever it is. You can say, "God, thank you for ______." If you do not feel a weight lifted off your shoulders, a contentment t settle over you, a peace flood your soul, and/or however else God may chose to show His blessing. I will buy you a dozen cookies or something else you like for the same value or less. ;) hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment