Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 186

Hey little one! Today is beautiful outside! I have this feeling I want to go somewhere, but I don't know where. lol I'll probably go for a walk in a bit. I just hate being inside if it's nice outside, especially when I know days like this are getting fewer and far between.
Church was great today. We changed the setup of church, we generally sit everyone together, but this time we made a middle aisle. It looked really nice, it's amazing how space in between chairs can make a world of difference. :) I need to take pictures and post them up, because I'm sure we will have moved by the time you're old enough to remember. Even if I just take them for us, so we can keep the memories alive. Your daddy preached on helping others. The passage was from Galatians 6, the part that really stuck out to me, was verse 10, "...let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are the household of faith." He briefly spoke about how, many times Chistians are hard to deal with and how they don't always act like Christians, but we supposed to still do good to them. Though he only said that in passing, that's what really stood out to me. You see Tucson, I know it sounds backwards, but unfortunately it's true. Sometimes professing Christians are the hardest people to deal with. I guess it's because you expect more from them, and when they don't act Christlike, it's very hard and confusing. It's so much easier to work with lost people, because you know they're gonna treat you wrong, and when they do wrong, you have the patience and longsuffering to deal with them, because you know why they act like that. Where the Christian, you don't know why and you know they're not supposed to be doing that. I often stuggle in dealing with Christian, and today God should be that I was wrong, and I need to good them too, especially to them. I hope this helps you when you're dealing with people. I wish someone would've told beforehand. Your daddy always tells me to expect people to fail, that way I won't be suprised or hurt when they do, afterall they are only human. At times I still expect the best in people, which it is important to believe in people, but you must have a balance. One of my favorite quotes is, "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." It's so true. I love you!!!

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment