Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 185

Hey little one!!! How are you doing? I'm actually doing alright. I should be tired, but I had a HUGE mug of coffee before I started babysitting. :)
Today, was the paper route. It actually went really well. Your daddy and I decided to try something different this morning. He said, every time we've did this we've survived. So we know we can make it through no matter how hard it is, but today let's try to OVERCOME! I decided that was a good idea. We stuff papers, we talked, we had coffee, until finally, an hour late the Star decided to show up. At first, I was like, oh, boy we're off to a bad start, but I remembered overcome, not just survive. We began the route, it was going pretty good, at one point I looked all around me, I was almost completely surrounded by newspapers and could barely get out of the car. I almost let it overwhelm me, but I remembered our goal, and chose to overcome. See Tucson, that's the mistake I've been making all along, I've let it overwhelm me and I chose to just survive. That's the way a lot of people live there lives, and unfortunately, I do, too. As I continued stuffing and throwing, I began to think of all the good things I had in life. I have a wonderful family, I have an awesome God who not only lets me serve Him, He wants me to serve Him. I have a new sibling on the way, I have great friends who love me. I have everything I need, I may not have everything I want, but I do have all my needs. I began to thank God for the route, because for now that's a way He's chosen to meet our needs. When I lay my head down at night, it doesn't matter if there's nothing in the bank, it doesn't matter if I have all the clothes I want in my closest, it doesn't make a difference if the cell phone charging next to me is a prepaid or an Iphone. It doesn't matter if I have to get up in 2 hours to go stuff newspapers, to help provide for my family. When I'm in bed, I can't tell that we live in a small apartment, instead of a big house. What does matter is that I can lay my head down in peace, which is something money can't buy. When you grow up and understand things, don't worry about what you don't have, be thankful for what you do have. I'm sure if the person working on Bay Street, with a BMW, the 4G Iphone, brand new 5 bedroom house, money in the bank, a walk-in closet full of clothes, and anything else their heart could wish for would be honest they'd trade places with me, and if they wouldn't I don't care. I love my life, I love what God's chosen for me. So Tucson, I say all this to say, don't let life control you, don't just survive, it's a jacked up place to be, OVERCOME! You can do ALL things through Christ. I love you kiddo!!!'

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment