Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 219

Dear little one, I just got back from the mall with your sister and dad. We've been trying to find your mommy something for her birthday. (don't tell her we haven't found anything yet:) So far, we've come up with nada.... so hopefully, we'll find something next week. It was funny, we were shopping in this one store, and we were talking to the sales clerk, and he trying to get us to buy something. He said, "Parents are so hard to shop for, I never know what to get mine, so I don't buy them anything at all." That cracked me up, I told Alexa we should try that. lol :) I don't think that would go over too well. :)
I was reading in Numbers and the Lord showed me this other verse, it's at a time where Balak wants Balaam to curse the Israelites, but God has blessed them, and has told Balaam not to bless them. If Balaam decides to go against the LORD, then Balak will make him a very honorable man. When Balak sends Balaam messengers this is what Balaam tells them, "If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the LORD, to do either good or bad of mine own hand; but what the LORD saith that will I speak?" To hear God's voice is very precious and fearful thing, when God speaks He is very serious, so don't take it lightly. I'll never forget what a preacher once said, when God speaks to you, obey the first time, because you never know that might be the last time you hear from Him. Through out your life, you will be offered many things, if you will just go against the commandment of the Lord. Don't do it, it's not worth it. Don't sacrifice the eternal for the temporal. I can't stress enough how important it is to not only stay in touch with God, but also to obey His voice.
In the end of the story, Balaam obeyed the voice of the LORD, and blessed God's people three times. While he may have seemed like this spiritual giant, he wasn't, he struggled just like you and me. Each time he could've turned away and said I'm done, but he went each time to sacrifice and he heard God's voice say no. The third time, it says, he didn't go as the other time to seek enchantments, he set his face to the wilderness, he had made his decision. He never did anything wrong, and he knew from the beginning what was right, but it took Him a while to decide that's what he was going to do. You may come to a point in your life, where you know what the commandment of the Lord is, but you stop just for a second to see if there's any other way. Don't choose the house with silver and gold over the commandment of the Lord. I love you little one!!!

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment