Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 208

Hey you! Today, was Thanksgiving in Canada. :) We have so much to be thankful for, too! We have a God that loves us, a great family, a roof over our heads, food we like the taste of, we have extras, clothes, and so much more! Your daddy made us his traditional ribs. (Your grandpa, Papa Alex, started that tradition many years ago, when he started making ribs for holidays. He makes the best, too! ) Then we had some other dishes that everyone really likes. (and don't worry, we did NOT forget the veggies, there were plenty of those.) Your mommy tried this new dessert called Apple Dumplings, which was delicious. Alexa made dirt cake (a family favorite) and I made cookies. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow. This  year we had something extra special to be thankful for. YOU! This was our last holiday with seven. When Christmas comes, there will be eight of us. :) I can't wait! I love you little one. 

Your Sister, 
Larra

PS. I'm sorry I didn't write Day 207B. So here it is: When I went outside to go bring the van around, I couldn't get the car to start. So I went and got your daddy, he worked on the car for a bit, (it was the started) and we couldn't get it fixed. So we ended up having to take a taxi, which is always an adventure. Although, most of us have only taken a cab about 3 times. lol:) We did make it to church on time. It was a great service. It always exciting to hear everyones testimonies of what God's done for them in the past year. I guess I should back-up a little bit and tell you what I'm talking about. :) When we first went to Grace Bible Baptist Church I guess about 13 or 14 years ago, they had this service called a "Match Light Testimony Service" every year on the Wednesday before thanksgiving. Each person that wants to gets a long fireplace match, lights it, and as long as your match burns you give thanks for everything God's done for you in the past year. (it's ok if you go longer though:) Then afterwards, we have a mini fellowship with light fingerfoods. When we moved to Canada, we kept the tradition going, but we switched to Sunday night and moved it to October for thankgsgiving here. Everyone always loves it! So last night by the time we got done fellowshipping, and walked home (we finally got your father involved in our tradition of Timmy's after church. :) it was super late, and I just hit the sack. So anyway, I hope you will enjoy the service when you're older as much as I do! I love you!!!

Your Sister, 
Larra     

No comments:

Post a Comment