Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 202

Hey little one! We made it through another week!!! You're 29 weeks old today! Eleven weeks and you should be here, it's so close I can almost feel it. :) The other day someone gave us your first books! Then another person gave you a lot of clothes! We probably won't have to buy you anything till after you're 3 months old. Praise the Lord:) We are going to buy you one more outfit for the day you're born. Not only will remember this day for the rest of our lives, but also everyone else will remember your very first picture! You don't want to look back 20 years from now and say they dressed me in that???!!!! lol ;) So thus begins the adventure of finding the perfect outfit for you...
I can't get this verse out of my head that I read yesterday. It's in Luke 5, it says, "they forsook all, and followed him..." I've never seen that verse before, it's talking about the disicples and how they left all to follow Jesus. All my life I've heard preachers preach from the verse that says, "they forsook him and fled." It was the time Jesus was about to be crucified and they forsook Him. No one ever told me that at first they "forsook all and followed" you see, they started out right, but somewhere in the middle they went along the wrong path. If you read history books, many of then were martyred for the name of Christ, so obviously they finished their race. I just can't shake they "forsook all, and followed Him." I guess what we should learn from them is, there must be a beginning where you "follow" maybe along the way you will "flee" but come back and follow. I think that's the hardest decision as Christians we make is to forsake all. I know it may not seem worth, but it is. If I could describe the sweet peace of surrender I think everyone would chose Christ, but I can't so most people are stuck in the middle. If perhaps in the middle of your journey you flee,(unfortunately, I have taken that path before) remember this, "God is never weary of a fresh start." That is a quote your dad reminds me as well as many others often. I've never found it to not be true, never. I love you little one! Grow up to be strong and follow Christ! 

Your Sister, 
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment