Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 217

Dear Little Person, How are you doing? I'm doing amazing. The song comes to mind I heard several years ago, "...everyday I'm amazed that God would spend the day with me..." To think that the Almighty God wants to spend the day with ME! I'm so thankful that He does. Tonight's Bible Study was cancelled so we could spend time with God. It's amazing how God works, this week I've been trying to spend more time with God. The past week or two my devotions have been very dull, it more like I was just going through the motions. On Monday, I was thinking about it, and I was wondering why the Bible seemed dead, it's generally not like that. Then I started to think about everything else I was doing. I've been reading a LOT of books and watching more movies. Because I was doing all of that, my Bible didn't have any value to me. I then remembered why I had stopped reading "fluff" books as a friend calls them, and why I didn't watch movies all the time. I was amazed how when I stopped reading those books how alive the Bible came, and how I wanted to read every chapter. Tonight as I just sat there and read my Bible and prayer I was amazed at how good it was. Be very careful with what you put into your mind, it will affect you WAY more than you know. Don't listen when they tell you that it's okay and you can do both, it won't affect you, it's a lie. I'm not saying you have to cut it out completely, who knows you may be strong enough to handle it, but don't fool yourself into believing you it won't hurt you spiritually at all. I love you so much!  

Your Sister, 
Larra      

PS Today, is your grandpa's birthday. We call him Paw Paw, he's your mommy's daddy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment