Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 206

Hey little one!!! Today was so nice outside! I loved the weather. :) I wish I could've spent more time outside. Instead I did the loooonnnngg process of cutting Daisy's hair. (let me back up, we did a paper route this morning, so when I got home I slept all morning ;) It takes a couple of hours,  because she has very thick hair, and we haven't been able to find a pair of clippers that are strong enough to cut through it, so I must cut her hair with sissors, piece by piece. 
Your mommy has washed all your new clothes and is putting them away in your little dresser. I don't think I can buy you anything in the near future, because there's no room until you start growing. I guess of course I could always store some of it in my room. NOT! lol if I was necessary I would, but it's not really. 
This morning I was reading my Bible, and the Lord showed me this verse, "...Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a mans life consisteth not in the abundance of the things he posseseth." I've seen that verse before, but today it really stood out to me. It's so easy for me to get caught in wanting/wishing for things I don't have. In the world, they rate your success of what you have or what you've done. If you have a lot of possessions, then you're doing good. In God's eyes that's not the case, and neither should be for those of us who claim to be Christians. So kiddo, if you don't have a lot of "things" don't covet, it's a very dangerous trap. Be thankful for what you have, because your life isn't measured by WHAT you have, it's measured by WHO you have. If you have Jesus Christ, then you've got something worth something. :) I love you!!

Your Sister, 
Larra   

No comments:

Post a Comment