Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 143

Hey lil one! Today, I went over to a family in our church and helped them get ready for the school new school year. It seems summer has flown by!!! I'm glad we have 3 weeks left! I hope the hot weather stays though. Summer is my favorite time of the year, and it's the shortest season! I used to think I should pick a different season to be my favorite, but what one would I pick? I don't care for the cold, in the fall and spring I'm sick because of my allergies....so summer's perfect! lol Although, I do love ice skating in the winter.
Your brother was playing a song on youtube called, "You are God Alone." I love the lyrics, the ones that really stick out to me are:
"You are not a God
Created by human hands
You are not a God
Dependant on any mortal man
You are not a God
In need of anything we can give..."
You know Tucson, those words are so true. It's so easy to serve a God created by human hands. We say and to a certain extent believe in a God who's not created hands, but do we really? We put God in this box of what He can and can't do, and we justify it by saying it's common sense, when really it's our (or my) lack of faith. We want to believe the impossible, but at the same time in the back of our minds, we wonder can He really do this? He can! I know it's easier said than done, because honestly I don't believe God can do everything. I have faith God can do the impossible, but when I can figure it out? I don't know if that makes any sense, but I hope it does. I long to have that kind of faith in my everyday life. Sometimes, I do have that kind of faith, but like Peter, I look around at the waves, and want back in the boat.
"You are not a God dependent on any mortal man, You are not a God in need of anything we can give..." So often we think God needs us, it's like, we're doing God. The view of God that we have is jacked, we've changed into "the glory of an incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man..." There have been brief times in my life where I've seen God like Isaiah saw Him, "high and lifted up." I just need to take the time to see Him like that everyday. I know at times I'm telling you stuff that won't make since when you read this, but it will one day. It is my prayer you never lose that beautiful child like faith that God can do anything. Don't listen to what the world will you tell you, I know it will seem so good, but they're wrong.
I love you so much, more than you will ever know!

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment