Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 241

Dearest Little One, I am so tired. The hours from the route are starting to catch up to me. I'm not complaining, because I recognize this is part of God's plan. I'm so thankful I can sleep all night tonight. :) Plus, next week we have the whole week off. yay!!! 
I've been reading through the book of Acts. It's a very rich book, I guess every book in the Bible is, it just depends on how you look at it. Last night I was reading in chapter 14, and it said, "we preach you that ye should turn from these vanities to the living God." In the previous verses they thought that Paul and Barnabas were gods who appeared in the flesh. Don't mistake your "god" for God. Do you know why they thought Paul was a god? Because that's what they were looking for. Many times in our lives we get so attached to the gods of the world we began to expect them to be able to do the same as the real God. For example if we feel empty instead of turning to God, we try to fill the void with people. After we've tried that and seen it work (yes, for a brief moment in time it works) we will expect it to work because we know it has in the past, so we move from person to person. Sooner or later, when reality comes crashing down, you realize that won't work because nothing can fill that void but Jesus Christ. There's a verse in Psalms that states, "verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity." There are so many different vanities that we rely on instead of turning to the living God. Don't get sidetracked, vanity means nothing. Why in the world would we trust in nothing instead of the living God? This is very different from what had originally planned to say, but I trust this is what the Lord has for today. I love you little one!!!


Your Sister, 
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment