Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 127

Dear lil one, I thought of you today, when I walked by a store that sold baby clothes. I wanted to go in and buy you something, but since I don't know if your a boy or girl yet, so I decided to wait.:) Don't worry though I will buy you plenty of clothes when you get here.
There's nothing really exciting to tell you about today. Today was mundane. I went and taught piano lessons. Summer school for the boys. After dinner we went and chilled at the mall. We went to Micky Ds for a snack and people watched. Now that was fun! lol Some people are crazy to watch-it was fun. On the walk home, we did our normal routine of Nikki-9-door. lol we have so much fun kiddo. Your gonna have a blast when you're older!
I was listening to this song this morning titled, "Somewhere in the Middle" the lyrics are amazing. Tucson, they so perfectly descibe the way most people live their lives. The thing is I honestly believe everyone wants to jump out of the boat in faith, but were stuck, were stuck between the God we want and the who IS. We have reckless abandonment wrapped in common sense. We want to have faith that God can do anything, but at the same time we let common sense decide what that anything is. I think the hardest part of the Christian life is, letting go and losing ourselves completely in Christ. We so much want to have an identity in the world. I know right now this is way over your head, but one day it will all make sense. You see, God has blessed us Harpers with so much, we may not be rich, but God has given all of us much spiritually, physically, and mentally. Because of that, we take pride in who we are or what we can do instead of what Christ can do through us. It's a constant battle, one thing I've learned though, is if only for a few moments in time when Christ has everything (before I let common sense take over) it's the most awesome, beautiful, amazing thing ever. I don't know why I ever go back, why isn't we're afraid to completely trust what will only make us stronger? I don't know yet, but I hope to have the answer before you need it. I love you, Tucson!!!

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment