Countdown till Tucson's first appearance!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 261

Dear Little One, I can't believe you're already over 37 weeks old! It seems like yesterday when your mommy told us you were coming. I've seen so many babies here lately and I can't wait to hold you! I may complain later, but I can't wait for you to cry. I want so bad to have your sweet cries fill our house. I'm not the kind of person who likes noise or chaos (I love that word by the way, I think it just looks cool. Sometimes I just love how word is spells.) but I'm learning to accept it, for it means there is life. I know you will change our lives forever, but I want you to. I want you to be a part of this beautiful miracle God's given us. :)
 Tonight we had a young man from our church over. He's leaving for his country for 5 months. We're all gonna miss him, he's kind of like a brother to us. We've known him since before we first came to Canada, and then after he came to our church we all started to get closer to his family, and then we went to school with him for a couple of years. Good-byes are hard, I hate them. I realize they're a part of life, but do they have to be so stinkin' hard??!!!! People tell me it's part of being a grown up, but sometimes I just want to be a kid you know? I want to go in the corner and throw my fit of why that person can't stay, but I'm old now, so that's not acceptable. So I will instead hug you, hold back my tears, and say it was so good to see you, I'm going to miss you, I'll see you soon, or whatever applies to the case. Sometimes life just doesn't make since kiddo, and sometimes it makes perfect since. Oh well, maybe when I'm doing growing up I'll have it figured out, but until that day comes, I'm just going to enjoy the ride, and I hope you'll do the same. :)
I'm listening to this song called, "Go Light your World" I love it.  The lyrics are beautiful. Sometimes it's so easy to get sidetracked and think you're here on earth for yourself, but we're not. God sent us here for others, to witness to them, to be a blessing, to be an encouragement, etc. I so easily let my eyes fall off Jesus and think everything is about me, but it's not. Sometimes I'm so stupid, it really is simple in Christ. When my eyes are on Jesus, I can't see myself, but when there not, well, let's just say life gets pretty crazy. Kid, try not to live your life for yourself. You don't know the story of the person next to you, so find out, go light your world. It's the one chance God's given us to prove to Him we love Him. There are so many lost people in this world, it's filled with people who are hurting, and it's our job to go light their lives with the love of Jesus. I know it doesn't make since, but when your eyes are on others, everything will fall quite nicely into place. Trust me.

Keep your eyes on Jesus and go light your world! I love you!!!!!

Your Sister,
Larra

No comments:

Post a Comment